Sponsor a Camper
There are many ways you can contribute to Turtle Island. Becoming a camper sponsor is one of them. These funds go into a scholarship account and can be issued to a camper of your choice or one that we select based on need. We would be glad to show you the profiles on perspective campers in need so you can choose where your contribution goes. We get requests year-round to sponsor students for field trips, summer camps and over night excursions. Your contribution to the scholarship fund allows us to reach ever farther. Use our secure Turtle Island Preserve Summer Camp Scholarship "Please Donate" button below, send check or money order through snail mail, or simply call for more details.
NEW! - Gift Donation. For that special someone, we are now offering the gift of sponsorship. Choose a person to whom you'd like to offer a gift of charity on their behalf. We will use those funds to sponsor a child in need for our summer camp program - in that person's name. They will recieve a certificate of charity, and can personally select which child they would like the funds to be applied to. Click to donation tab below to get started. A great alternative present to someone who seems hard to shop for.
Thanks to our Donors, Sponsors and Volunteers
Though we occasionally work with donors who wish to remain anonymous, it is through these acts that we are able to do so much. There are countless volunteers, throughout the year that help us keep things moving smoothly as well as many contributors that help us sustain financially. Through these contributions we can give scholarship enrollment to underprivileged families and offer programming at discounted rates to those in need. We'd like to thank all those unnamed helpers and give special recognition to those individuals willing to go the extra mile for a shared vision and cause.
Special thanks goes out to:
- Matt Heerwald - camp tuition sponsor
- Nancy Rich - camp tuition sponsor
- Michael Hagler - camp tuition sponsor
- Sabrina Linger - monetary donation
- Julian Trezise - monetary donation
- Kimberly Quattrucci - monetary donation
- Randy Cable - farm use truck
- Wayne McIlwain - wood cook stove
- Lisa Sirabella - camp tuition sponsor
- Ronnie and Amelia Pack - archery equipment
- Brain Brown- numerous contributions
Donating to Turtle Island
Now you can make a monetary donation to Turtle Island Preserve using a credit card or a Paypal account! Just click the Paypal "Make Donation" button below. If you don't have a Paypal account, just click the link on the following page that says "Use your credit card or bank account (where available)" to use Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
If you are making a donation for a specific project or need, you may state so during the donation process. Otherwise, your donation will go toward the most currently pressing needs of the preserve. Thank you for your donation!
Turtle Island Wish List
"You just never know 'till you ask" - get ready for the Turtle Island Wish List!
We realize that many people have a lot of stuff sitting around in basements or closets that they are more than willing to donate to our cause at the "Island" and we should just ask...
Do you have stuff that you would like to donate?
Our current top wish list items are:
- Diatomaceous earth - large bags for powder
- American Chestnut Trees
- Snap-Traps for mice
- Lamp-globes for kerosene lamps - any and all
- Surveyor's transit
- Old telephones - not cordless -or ones that rely on electricity
- Long Distance Walkie Talkies
- Ham Radio
- Camera - High Quality professional camera
- Load of gravel ( or $250 donation)
- Safety Glasses / Safety Glasses with Bifocals for the old geezers
- Hay for Horses
- Dog, Cat, and Goat Food
- "Pet meds" - de-wormer, flea and tick meds, etc...
- Mountain Bikes
- Large Deep Cycle 6V Batteries
- Golf Cart
Items to assist with the ongoing Micro-Hydro Electric Project and renewable energy education projects:
(For more Detailed info email Mike Dooraghi at
- Screen - Chicken wire and fine mesh (1/16" or less)
- Hot water tanks
- Cinder blocks
- 6" pipe for inlet to silt trap
- Pressure gauges
- Wire connectors
- Junction Boxes
- Make a sign demonstrating power produced CO2 displaced
- Locust post for stakes to support pipe on hillside
Other items that would still be greatly appreciated and greatly used include:
- Tools: i.e. hammers, saws, axes, loppers, pry bars, pliers, auto mechanic tools (even tools with broken parts that we can fix!)
- Boxes of nails, screws, washers, nuts, bolts, ropes, string, paints, thinners, varnish, oils, etc.
- Containers: canning jars, barrels, large cast iron or stainless steel cookware, etc.
- Other: Lanterns, a large chalkboard, whisk brooms, and wool blankets
We hope that you get the picture: We can use most anything for the farm and our educational programs. We mean use! Our tools get worked every day. Thanks for considering giving to our efforts. We value your support!